7 poachers held for killing deer
Erode: Seven persons have been arrested
for allegedly poaching a deer and possessing its meat in
Burgur forest range in the district.
The seven were arrested on Tuesday by forest personnel and
Special Task Force (STF) police during a routine patrol at
Kallikombai forest, forest officials said here on Wednesday.
They were found carrying 15 kg of deer meat and during
questioning they told police that they trapped a deer and
killed it for the meat.
All the seven were produced before Conservator of Forests
Arun who imposed a fine of Rs 11,000 each as fine for
Meanwhile, forest personnel at Hassanure in Sathyamangalam
forest noticed a flying squirrel in the area.
The gliding mammal was sighted after a gap of several
years, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- US tries to stop feuding allies from unraveling Syria strategy
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside
- Facebook promoted fake news story on Trending Topics
- IIT Bombay alumnus named CEO of US firm ANSYS