7 poachers held for killing deer
Erode: Seven persons have been arrested
for allegedly poaching a deer and possessing its meat in
Burgur forest range in the district.
The seven were arrested on Tuesday by forest personnel and
Special Task Force (STF) police during a routine patrol at
Kallikombai forest, forest officials said here on Wednesday.
They were found carrying 15 kg of deer meat and during
questioning they told police that they trapped a deer and
killed it for the meat.
All the seven were produced before Conservator of Forests
Arun who imposed a fine of Rs 11,000 each as fine for
Meanwhile, forest personnel at Hassanure in Sathyamangalam
forest noticed a flying squirrel in the area.
The gliding mammal was sighted after a gap of several
years, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bernie Sanders says Hillary Clinton `must become` next US president
- GST deadlock: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers today
- Olympic Village repairs could take all week: Brazil
- Wayne Rooney still key to England plans, says Sam Allardyce
- Maharashtra ATS identifies 270 URLs showing IS activities, asks Centre to block them