Chennai encounter: NHRC to send team
Patna: The National Human Rights Commission would soon send a team to Chennai to find out the truth of the alleged encounter in which four persons from Bihar were shot dead by the police, NHRC chairman KG Balakrishnan said on Saturday.
"We have come across the reports.. We will send a team to find out the truth", Balakrishnan who was here to attend a seminar at Magadh Mahila College here told reporters here.
"The team will go through postmortem and forensic reports and try to unravel the truth", he said.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has directed Director General of Police Abhayanand and the state home department to find out details of the alleged encounter in Chennai in which four persons from the state were shot dead by the police.
"I have asked the DGP and the home department to find out details," he said.
A total five persons - four from Bihar and one from West Bengal suspected to have been involved in two recent bank heists were shot dead in the alleged encounter in the early hours at Velacherry area of Chennai on Thursday.
"Let the DGP and home department find out the facts first," Kumar said when asked about the state government`s next course of action in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi