Minor short circuit at BJP meet
Madurai: A minor short circuit at the venue of the two-day conference of the BJP`s Tamil Nadu unit on Thursday gave some anxious moments to organisers before it was attended to, party sources said.
The incident happened when BJP President Nitin Gadkari was on the dais for the inaugural session of the `Tamarai Sangamam` event today, scheduled to be attended by senior leaders L K Advani and Sushma Swaraj, among others.
However, the short circuit was immediately attended to and BJP office-bearers said there was no need to panic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted