`Only pix of Jaya, Periyar, Annadurai, MGR on AIADMK posters`
Chennai: Aiming at preventing factionalism, AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday warned partymen against printing pictures of anyone on posters and other publicity material other than those of her, late E V R Periyar, C N Annadurai and party founder M G Ramachandran.
According to a party headquarters statement, Ramachandran, fondly known as MGR, had made it clear that only his pictures and those of rationalist leader Periyar and former chief minister Annadurai be used in posters, banners and other publicity material. Since Jayalalithaa took over as General Secretary, her photos are also used.
"When a (AIADMK) minister attends a programme, only his picture is carried in posters by some office-bearers, leaving out the rest. As a result, some others leave out the picture of the minister and print those of others, leading to clashes between party workers," the release said.
Reports had suggested rival camps even damaged publicity material of each other, it said, adding that this had set a "bad precedent" and damaged the party`s reputation.
"There has been no practice of using pictures of ministers, MLAs and MPs attending government and party functions in posters and banners and there is no approval from the party too," the release said.
Henceforth, party workers should use only pictures of Periyar, Annadurai, MGR and Jayalalithaa. "It is enough to print the names of (other) participants," the release said, warning disciplinary action against violators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing