`Only pix of Jaya, Periyar, Annadurai, MGR on AIADMK posters`
Chennai: Aiming at preventing factionalism, AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday warned partymen against printing pictures of anyone on posters and other publicity material other than those of her, late E V R Periyar, C N Annadurai and party founder M G Ramachandran.
According to a party headquarters statement, Ramachandran, fondly known as MGR, had made it clear that only his pictures and those of rationalist leader Periyar and former chief minister Annadurai be used in posters, banners and other publicity material. Since Jayalalithaa took over as General Secretary, her photos are also used.
"When a (AIADMK) minister attends a programme, only his picture is carried in posters by some office-bearers, leaving out the rest. As a result, some others leave out the picture of the minister and print those of others, leading to clashes between party workers," the release said.
Reports had suggested rival camps even damaged publicity material of each other, it said, adding that this had set a "bad precedent" and damaged the party`s reputation.
"There has been no practice of using pictures of ministers, MLAs and MPs attending government and party functions in posters and banners and there is no approval from the party too," the release said.
Henceforth, party workers should use only pictures of Periyar, Annadurai, MGR and Jayalalithaa. "It is enough to print the names of (other) participants," the release said, warning disciplinary action against violators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi