Pandian case: Court grants 3-day custody for accus
Dindigul (TN): A local court on Thursday granted
three days police custody for the two men who had surrendered
in connection with the recent murder of Dalit leader Pasupathi
M Arumagachamy (26), and J Arulanandhan (27), who belong to
Idayathavanai and Mullakadu areas in Tirunelveli and Tuticorin
districts, had surrendered on Jan 12 and were remanded to
seven days judicial custody.
Police had yesterday filed a petition seeking police
custody for the duo. However, the advocates of the duo
objected, fearing that the police would torture them.
After seeking a written statement from the advocates for
objecting the police custody, Judicial Magistrate S Latha
granted police custody for the two persons and asked them to
be produced on Jan 22.
Pandian (50), founder of Devendra Kula Velalar Kootamaippu
(Federation) was hacked to death on Jan 10 when he was sitting
outside his house at Nandanampatti near Dindigul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption