Pandian case: Court grants 3-day custody for accus
Dindigul (TN): A local court on Thursday granted
three days police custody for the two men who had surrendered
in connection with the recent murder of Dalit leader Pasupathi
M Arumagachamy (26), and J Arulanandhan (27), who belong to
Idayathavanai and Mullakadu areas in Tirunelveli and Tuticorin
districts, had surrendered on Jan 12 and were remanded to
seven days judicial custody.
Police had yesterday filed a petition seeking police
custody for the duo. However, the advocates of the duo
objected, fearing that the police would torture them.
After seeking a written statement from the advocates for
objecting the police custody, Judicial Magistrate S Latha
granted police custody for the two persons and asked them to
be produced on Jan 22.
Pandian (50), founder of Devendra Kula Velalar Kootamaippu
(Federation) was hacked to death on Jan 10 when he was sitting
outside his house at Nandanampatti near Dindigul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH