Renovation & consecration completed in 630 temples
Rameswaram: Hindu Religious and Charitable
Endowment Minister K M Anandhan said on Friday that renovation and
consecration has been done in 630 of 1006 temples taken up by
Speaking to reporters here, he said renovation was going on
in the remaining temples and would be completed and
consecration done before next year.
He said the Central government had given Rs 22.5 crore for
renovation work, while the state had given Rs three crore.
Stating that consecration of Ramanathaswamy temple here
would be held in 2013, Anandhan said he had suggested to the
temple authorities to renovate and widen pathways to the 22
holy water sites here, stop sewage water from entering `Agni
theeram` (sea near the temple) and treat effluents.
He said there was plan to build Pilgrim Houses in temple
lands in the island as also a plan to provide free meals for
The minister said The Tiruvotriyur Padampiriyar temple
would be renovated at a cost of Rs one crore and the roof of
Tiruvadanai temple repaired at a cost of Rs 50 lakh.
The minister will visit Dhanushkodi tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing