Renovation & consecration completed in 630 temples
Rameswaram: Hindu Religious and Charitable
Endowment Minister K M Anandhan said on Friday that renovation and
consecration has been done in 630 of 1006 temples taken up by
Speaking to reporters here, he said renovation was going on
in the remaining temples and would be completed and
consecration done before next year.
He said the Central government had given Rs 22.5 crore for
renovation work, while the state had given Rs three crore.
Stating that consecration of Ramanathaswamy temple here
would be held in 2013, Anandhan said he had suggested to the
temple authorities to renovate and widen pathways to the 22
holy water sites here, stop sewage water from entering `Agni
theeram` (sea near the temple) and treat effluents.
He said there was plan to build Pilgrim Houses in temple
lands in the island as also a plan to provide free meals for
The minister said The Tiruvotriyur Padampiriyar temple
would be renovated at a cost of Rs one crore and the roof of
Tiruvadanai temple repaired at a cost of Rs 50 lakh.
The minister will visit Dhanushkodi tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate