Sri Lankan Navy attacks Indian fishermen
Rameswaram (TN): Fishermen from this island were
attacked near the international maritime boundary line,
allegedly by Sri Lankan navalmen who threw stones at their
boats damaging about 50 of them, officials said on Tuesday.
Officials quoting fishermen said the Lankan Navy personnel
started flashing torches and warned them against entering
their territory and allegedly attacked the boats.
The fishermen had put out to sea yesterday but
returned without fishing, P Sesuraja, Tamil Nadu fishermen
Association Secretary, said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev