Sri Lankan Navy attacks Indian fishermen
Rameswaram (TN): Fishermen from this island were
attacked near the international maritime boundary line,
allegedly by Sri Lankan navalmen who threw stones at their
boats damaging about 50 of them, officials said on Tuesday.
Officials quoting fishermen said the Lankan Navy personnel
started flashing torches and warned them against entering
their territory and allegedly attacked the boats.
The fishermen had put out to sea yesterday but
returned without fishing, P Sesuraja, Tamil Nadu fishermen
Association Secretary, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up