Sri Lankan Navy attacks Indian fishermen
Rameswaram (TN): Fishermen from this island were
attacked near the international maritime boundary line,
allegedly by Sri Lankan navalmen who threw stones at their
boats damaging about 50 of them, officials said on Tuesday.
Officials quoting fishermen said the Lankan Navy personnel
started flashing torches and warned them against entering
their territory and allegedly attacked the boats.
The fishermen had put out to sea yesterday but
returned without fishing, P Sesuraja, Tamil Nadu fishermen
Association Secretary, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon