Tirupati-Madurai train to be extended up to Rameswaram
Rameswaram : The General Manager (in-Charge) of Southern Railways A K Mittal on Saturday said Tirupati-Madurai Train would be extended upto Rameswaram shortly.
He said the Dindigul-Madurai Passenger train also would be extended to Rameswaram in a couple of days for benefit of passengers.
He said arrangements were being made to celebrate the centenary of Pamban bridge in 2016.
Mittal, who inspected the Rameswaram station, said various amenities were being provided at a cost of Rs.1.5 crore for the pilgrims and passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez