Tirupati-Madurai train to be extended up to Rameswaram
Rameswaram : The General Manager (in-Charge) of Southern Railways A K Mittal on Saturday said Tirupati-Madurai Train would be extended upto Rameswaram shortly.
He said the Dindigul-Madurai Passenger train also would be extended to Rameswaram in a couple of days for benefit of passengers.
He said arrangements were being made to celebrate the centenary of Pamban bridge in 2016.
Mittal, who inspected the Rameswaram station, said various amenities were being provided at a cost of Rs.1.5 crore for the pilgrims and passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected