Tirupati-Madurai train to be extended up to Rameswaram
Rameswaram : The General Manager (in-Charge) of Southern Railways A K Mittal on Saturday said Tirupati-Madurai Train would be extended upto Rameswaram shortly.
He said the Dindigul-Madurai Passenger train also would be extended to Rameswaram in a couple of days for benefit of passengers.
He said arrangements were being made to celebrate the centenary of Pamban bridge in 2016.
Mittal, who inspected the Rameswaram station, said various amenities were being provided at a cost of Rs.1.5 crore for the pilgrims and passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city