Tirupati-Madurai train to be extended up to Rameswaram
Rameswaram : The General Manager (in-Charge) of Southern Railways A K Mittal on Saturday said Tirupati-Madurai Train would be extended upto Rameswaram shortly.
He said the Dindigul-Madurai Passenger train also would be extended to Rameswaram in a couple of days for benefit of passengers.
He said arrangements were being made to celebrate the centenary of Pamban bridge in 2016.
Mittal, who inspected the Rameswaram station, said various amenities were being provided at a cost of Rs.1.5 crore for the pilgrims and passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- 1st Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- ALARMING: Terrorist captured alive by security forces in Kashmir is a Pakistani from Lahore
- Sensex stages strong comeback, climbs 144 points in early trade
- US reaffirms cooperation with India in fight against terrorism
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!