Tirupati-Madurai train to be extended up to Rameswaram
Rameswaram : The General Manager (in-Charge) of Southern Railways A K Mittal on Saturday said Tirupati-Madurai Train would be extended upto Rameswaram shortly.
He said the Dindigul-Madurai Passenger train also would be extended to Rameswaram in a couple of days for benefit of passengers.
He said arrangements were being made to celebrate the centenary of Pamban bridge in 2016.
Mittal, who inspected the Rameswaram station, said various amenities were being provided at a cost of Rs.1.5 crore for the pilgrims and passengers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference