Woman gives birth to stillborn baby at Chennai airport
Chennai: In a tragic incident, a 36 year-old Malaysia-bound woman gave birth to a stillborn baby boy at the airport here on Thursday, minutes after she was denied permission to fly a private airliner on fitness grounds.
Shyamala, hailing from Rajamundhry in Andhra Pradesh, was scheduled to fly to Kualalumpur to meet her husband there, airport sources said.
She was however denied permission to fly as she did not possess a valid fitness certificate, sources said, adding she later developed pre-natal pain before delivering a stillborn baby boy inside a restroom.
After being alerted by some women, airport authorities rushed her to a private hospital where she is currently undergoing treatment.
Her relatives in AP have been informed, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- DNA: Today in History, 26th June 2016
- Nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers on 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas'
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015