Woman gives birth to stillborn baby at Chennai airport
Chennai: In a tragic incident, a 36 year-old Malaysia-bound woman gave birth to a stillborn baby boy at the airport here on Thursday, minutes after she was denied permission to fly a private airliner on fitness grounds.
Shyamala, hailing from Rajamundhry in Andhra Pradesh, was scheduled to fly to Kualalumpur to meet her husband there, airport sources said.
She was however denied permission to fly as she did not possess a valid fitness certificate, sources said, adding she later developed pre-natal pain before delivering a stillborn baby boy inside a restroom.
After being alerted by some women, airport authorities rushed her to a private hospital where she is currently undergoing treatment.
Her relatives in AP have been informed, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future