Woman gives birth to stillborn baby at Chennai airport
Chennai: In a tragic incident, a 36 year-old Malaysia-bound woman gave birth to a stillborn baby boy at the airport here on Thursday, minutes after she was denied permission to fly a private airliner on fitness grounds.
Shyamala, hailing from Rajamundhry in Andhra Pradesh, was scheduled to fly to Kualalumpur to meet her husband there, airport sources said.
She was however denied permission to fly as she did not possess a valid fitness certificate, sources said, adding she later developed pre-natal pain before delivering a stillborn baby boy inside a restroom.
After being alerted by some women, airport authorities rushed her to a private hospital where she is currently undergoing treatment.
Her relatives in AP have been informed, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire