Woman gives birth to stillborn baby at Chennai airport
Chennai: In a tragic incident, a 36 year-old Malaysia-bound woman gave birth to a stillborn baby boy at the airport here on Thursday, minutes after she was denied permission to fly a private airliner on fitness grounds.
Shyamala, hailing from Rajamundhry in Andhra Pradesh, was scheduled to fly to Kualalumpur to meet her husband there, airport sources said.
She was however denied permission to fly as she did not possess a valid fitness certificate, sources said, adding she later developed pre-natal pain before delivering a stillborn baby boy inside a restroom.
After being alerted by some women, airport authorities rushed her to a private hospital where she is currently undergoing treatment.
Her relatives in AP have been informed, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?