285 bags of hoarded rice seized
Puducherry: A total of 285 bags of rice
allegedly hoarded by owners of two rice mills in neighbouring
Villianoor village were on Thursday seized by sleuths of Food Cell.
The seizure was made during raids conducted by the Food
Cell attached to the Directorate of Civil Supplies and
Consumer Affairs on a tip-off, police sources said.
The rice was allegedly meant to be sold in open market after
polishing them without proper permits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army