285 bags of hoarded rice seized
Puducherry: A total of 285 bags of rice
allegedly hoarded by owners of two rice mills in neighbouring
Villianoor village were on Thursday seized by sleuths of Food Cell.
The seizure was made during raids conducted by the Food
Cell attached to the Directorate of Civil Supplies and
Consumer Affairs on a tip-off, police sources said.
The rice was allegedly meant to be sold in open market after
polishing them without proper permits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...