285 bags of hoarded rice seized
Puducherry: A total of 285 bags of rice
allegedly hoarded by owners of two rice mills in neighbouring
Villianoor village were on Thursday seized by sleuths of Food Cell.
The seizure was made during raids conducted by the Food
Cell attached to the Directorate of Civil Supplies and
Consumer Affairs on a tip-off, police sources said.
The rice was allegedly meant to be sold in open market after
polishing them without proper permits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender