217 persons booked for inciting communal hatred
Bulandshahr: At least 217 persons were booked on Monday for allegedly fanning communal passion at a mahapanchayat of Hindu organisations in the district.
Those named accused in the case have been charged with delivering provocative speeches targeting a particular community at the mahapanchayat in Barauli village, SSP Gulab Singh said.
The mahapanchayat had been called to demand the arrest of the culprits in the recent clash between two communities at the village which had left a woman dead, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened