Akhilesh Yadav holds all-party meet
Lucknow: A day before the commencement of Uttar Pradesh Assembly session, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday held an all-party meet during which he sought their cooperation for holding maximum sittings of the House.
At the meeting at his official residence here, which was attended by all major parties except BSP, Yadav said his government would ensure that House sittings were more than 90 days.
Seeking cooperation of opposition parties in issues related to public interest, the chief minister said that their problems would be heard and taken care of.
"The opposition has assured the CM of constructive and positive support to the SP in the House on issues of the common man," SP spokesman and MLC Rajendra Chowdhury said.
Among those present at the meet were Leader of House in Vidhan Sabha Ahmad Hasan and senior SP leader and minister Ambika Chowdhry.
CLP leader Pramod Tiwari, BJP Leaders Hukum Singh and O P Prakash Sharma, Peace Party and Apna Dal leaders Dr Ayub and Anupriya Patel respectively and RLD leader Thakur Dalveer Singh also participated in the discussions.
On the absence of BSP, Chowdhury claimed that while the party should have attended the meet, "It seems that they did not believe in democratic courtesy."
"The party should shun petty politics on such issues," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH