Akhilesh Yadav holds all-party meet
Lucknow: A day before the commencement of Uttar Pradesh Assembly session, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday held an all-party meet during which he sought their cooperation for holding maximum sittings of the House.
At the meeting at his official residence here, which was attended by all major parties except BSP, Yadav said his government would ensure that House sittings were more than 90 days.
Seeking cooperation of opposition parties in issues related to public interest, the chief minister said that their problems would be heard and taken care of.
"The opposition has assured the CM of constructive and positive support to the SP in the House on issues of the common man," SP spokesman and MLC Rajendra Chowdhury said.
Among those present at the meet were Leader of House in Vidhan Sabha Ahmad Hasan and senior SP leader and minister Ambika Chowdhry.
CLP leader Pramod Tiwari, BJP Leaders Hukum Singh and O P Prakash Sharma, Peace Party and Apna Dal leaders Dr Ayub and Anupriya Patel respectively and RLD leader Thakur Dalveer Singh also participated in the discussions.
On the absence of BSP, Chowdhury claimed that while the party should have attended the meet, "It seems that they did not believe in democratic courtesy."
"The party should shun petty politics on such issues," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks