Amarmani Tripathi out of jail for 2 months
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh minister Amarmani Tripathi, convicted in the Madhumita Shukla murder case, has been out of jail for two months, citing health reasons.
Tripathi, who was lodged in Varanasi jail, had on July 13 gone to Gorakhpur with Siddharth Nagar CJM’s permission to perform his mother’s last rites. Following this a letter was sent by the Gorakhpur Medical College, CMO, stating that he has been admitted on July 14 due to health reasons.
Few days later, the CJM on July 18 sent another letter allowing Tripathi to attend some rituals in relation with his mother’s death.
After this the jail authorities dispatched a letter to the medical college asking them to send back Tripathi if he is medically fit.
On pressure from the jail authorities, the Gorkhpur medical authorities on September 2 referred Tripathi to PGI hospital in Lucknow. However, the doctors found him to be in good health and refused to admit him.
Tripathi even went to Lucknow Medical College, but there also he was not admitted. Later, he got admitted in BHU hospital.
Tripathi, his wife Madhumani and two others were convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by a Dehradun court in the murder case of poetess Madhumita Shukla in Lucknow in May 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok