Amarmani Tripathi out of jail for 2 months
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh minister Amarmani Tripathi, convicted in the Madhumita Shukla murder case, has been out of jail for two months, citing health reasons.
Tripathi, who was lodged in Varanasi jail, had on July 13 gone to Gorakhpur with Siddharth Nagar CJM’s permission to perform his mother’s last rites. Following this a letter was sent by the Gorakhpur Medical College, CMO, stating that he has been admitted on July 14 due to health reasons.
Few days later, the CJM on July 18 sent another letter allowing Tripathi to attend some rituals in relation with his mother’s death.
After this the jail authorities dispatched a letter to the medical college asking them to send back Tripathi if he is medically fit.
On pressure from the jail authorities, the Gorkhpur medical authorities on September 2 referred Tripathi to PGI hospital in Lucknow. However, the doctors found him to be in good health and refused to admit him.
Tripathi even went to Lucknow Medical College, but there also he was not admitted. Later, he got admitted in BHU hospital.
Tripathi, his wife Madhumani and two others were convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by a Dehradun court in the murder case of poetess Madhumita Shukla in Lucknow in May 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31