AMU VC appointment further delayed
Aligarh: The process of appointing a new
Vice-Chancellor for Aligarh Muslim University has been further
"The meeting of the university`s Executive Council which
was scheduled to be held on February 17 to draw up a panel of
names for the VC`s post has been postponed," an official
The Executive Council will meet on the same date at New
Delhi to consider a proposal of amending the University
Statutes for "enhancing the age of superannuation of the Vice
Chancellor from the present age of 65 years to 70 years", it
The move came in the wake of a recent missive from the
Human Resource Development Ministry to this effect.
The meeting of the University Court, which was earlier
scheduled for March 1 for ratifying the panel of names, has
also been postponed.
"The delay would allow the University authorities to fill
up a large number of vacancies which exist in the University
Court, AMU`s supreme governing body," an official said.
According to another notification, the election for
filling 10 vacancies in the University Court in the donor`s
constituency is now scheduled for March 6.
Similarly, the election for filling 8 vacancies in the
students` constituency will be held at a date to be notified
Afifullah Khan has been appointed as the Chief Election
Officer for conducting elections of student representatives in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen