Cabinet clears Rs 648 crore road project in Sonia`
New Delhi: The government on Thursday cleared a Rs 648 crore project for two-laning of a national highway in Rae Bareli, falling under the constituency of Congress President and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
"The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure (CCI) has approved the proposal for the development of the two laning, with paved shoulders, of Rai Bareli-Jaunpur section on NH-231 in Uttar Pradesh," said an official statement after the meeting.
Of the Rs 648 crore, Rs 78.62 crore has been earmarked for land acquisition, resettlement, rehabilitation and pre- construction, while Rs 569.36 crore will be for construction.
"The total length of the project will be 166.40 km and the `concession` period will be 17 years including the construction period of 24 months," the statement said.
The main object of the project, the government said, is to expedite the improvement of infrastructure in the State and also to reduce the time and cost of travel for heavy traffic plying between Rai Bareli and Jaunpur.
It will also increase employment potential for local labourers for the project activities, the statement added.
The project is covered in the districts of Rae Bareli, CSM Nagar, Pratapgarh and Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh.
"The project comes under NHDP Phase-IV on DBFOT (design, build, finance, operate, transfer) basis in build, operate and transfer (Annuity) mode of delivery," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj