Cabinet clears Rs 648 crore road project in Sonia`
New Delhi: The government on Thursday cleared a Rs 648 crore project for two-laning of a national highway in Rae Bareli, falling under the constituency of Congress President and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
"The Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure (CCI) has approved the proposal for the development of the two laning, with paved shoulders, of Rai Bareli-Jaunpur section on NH-231 in Uttar Pradesh," said an official statement after the meeting.
Of the Rs 648 crore, Rs 78.62 crore has been earmarked for land acquisition, resettlement, rehabilitation and pre- construction, while Rs 569.36 crore will be for construction.
"The total length of the project will be 166.40 km and the `concession` period will be 17 years including the construction period of 24 months," the statement said.
The main object of the project, the government said, is to expedite the improvement of infrastructure in the State and also to reduce the time and cost of travel for heavy traffic plying between Rai Bareli and Jaunpur.
It will also increase employment potential for local labourers for the project activities, the statement added.
The project is covered in the districts of Rae Bareli, CSM Nagar, Pratapgarh and Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh.
"The project comes under NHDP Phase-IV on DBFOT (design, build, finance, operate, transfer) basis in build, operate and transfer (Annuity) mode of delivery," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon