Caught in traffic jam, heart patient dies in Hapur
Ghaziabad: A 28-year-old heart patient
died after an ambulance carrying him to a Delhi hospital was
stuck in a four-hour traffic jam in Hapur city in Uttar
Pradesh`s Ghaziabad district, police said here on Saturday.
"JP Nagar resident Subhash suffered a heart attack
yesterday and was being rushed to a hospital in Delhi when the
ambulance got caught in a road blockade at Garh road railway
crossing," Hapur SP Ram Swroop said.
The patient`s health deteriorated and the situation got
worse due to the traffic jam. "He breathed his last in the
ambulance," he said.
The SP said, "From now, police team will be deployed near
railway crossings and important city locations to ensure that
road blockades are not reported in future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon