Clash erupts over land dispute, Dalit dies
Gonda: A Dalit was beaten to death allegedly by his relatives over some land dispute in Nawabganj area here, a senior police officer said on Saturday.
Santram, who received serious injuries when two groups of Dalits clashed on September 12, died yesterday, said SP J Ravinder Gaur.
Santram`s wife alleged he died after was assaulted by his relatives and policemen.
The SP said a case of culpable homicide had been registered against Santram`s relatives.
He said if involvement of any policeman was found during investigations, action would be taken against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly