Clash erupts over land dispute, Dalit dies
Gonda: A Dalit was beaten to death allegedly by his relatives over some land dispute in Nawabganj area here, a senior police officer said on Saturday.
Santram, who received serious injuries when two groups of Dalits clashed on September 12, died yesterday, said SP J Ravinder Gaur.
Santram`s wife alleged he died after was assaulted by his relatives and policemen.
The SP said a case of culpable homicide had been registered against Santram`s relatives.
He said if involvement of any policeman was found during investigations, action would be taken against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa