Clash erupts over land dispute, Dalit dies
Gonda: A Dalit was beaten to death allegedly by his relatives over some land dispute in Nawabganj area here, a senior police officer said on Saturday.
Santram, who received serious injuries when two groups of Dalits clashed on September 12, died yesterday, said SP J Ravinder Gaur.
Santram`s wife alleged he died after was assaulted by his relatives and policemen.
The SP said a case of culpable homicide had been registered against Santram`s relatives.
He said if involvement of any policeman was found during investigations, action would be taken against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September