Clash erupts over land dispute, Dalit dies
Gonda: A Dalit was beaten to death allegedly by his relatives over some land dispute in Nawabganj area here, a senior police officer said on Saturday.
Santram, who received serious injuries when two groups of Dalits clashed on September 12, died yesterday, said SP J Ravinder Gaur.
Santram`s wife alleged he died after was assaulted by his relatives and policemen.
The SP said a case of culpable homicide had been registered against Santram`s relatives.
He said if involvement of any policeman was found during investigations, action would be taken against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore