Divorce by SMS valid: Islamic cleric
Ghaziabad (UP): The Imam of a mosque in Uttar Pradesh`s Muradnagar district has held that an SMS sent by a man stating `Talaq` thrice to his wife was valid for a divorce.
Shahid`s wife Praveen yesterday received an SMS with
`talaq` typed three times sent by him. The Imam has said the
two cannot unite now as this marriage has been made void, the
woman`s uncle Sajid said.
The couple had married three months ago but Praveen had
returned to live with her parents due to some differences.
Shahid tried to bring her back but failed to do so after which
he had sent the SMS, he said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative