Divorce by SMS valid: Islamic cleric
Ghaziabad (UP): The Imam of a mosque in Uttar Pradesh`s Muradnagar district has held that an SMS sent by a man stating `Talaq` thrice to his wife was valid for a divorce.
Shahid`s wife Praveen yesterday received an SMS with
`talaq` typed three times sent by him. The Imam has said the
two cannot unite now as this marriage has been made void, the
woman`s uncle Sajid said.
The couple had married three months ago but Praveen had
returned to live with her parents due to some differences.
Shahid tried to bring her back but failed to do so after which
he had sent the SMS, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon