Divorce by SMS valid: Islamic cleric
Ghaziabad (UP): The Imam of a mosque in Uttar Pradesh`s Muradnagar district has held that an SMS sent by a man stating `Talaq` thrice to his wife was valid for a divorce.
Shahid`s wife Praveen yesterday received an SMS with
`talaq` typed three times sent by him. The Imam has said the
two cannot unite now as this marriage has been made void, the
woman`s uncle Sajid said.
The couple had married three months ago but Praveen had
returned to live with her parents due to some differences.
Shahid tried to bring her back but failed to do so after which
he had sent the SMS, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place