Divorce by SMS valid: Islamic cleric
Ghaziabad (UP): The Imam of a mosque in Uttar Pradesh`s Muradnagar district has held that an SMS sent by a man stating `Talaq` thrice to his wife was valid for a divorce.
Shahid`s wife Praveen yesterday received an SMS with
`talaq` typed three times sent by him. The Imam has said the
two cannot unite now as this marriage has been made void, the
woman`s uncle Sajid said.
The couple had married three months ago but Praveen had
returned to live with her parents due to some differences.
Shahid tried to bring her back but failed to do so after which
he had sent the SMS, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?
- Hong Kong student leader pleads not guilty
- Gold down by Rs 51 to Rs 31,347 per 10 gram in futures trade
- ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth mania grips nation – WATCH to believe it