Divorce by SMS valid: Islamic cleric
Ghaziabad (UP): The Imam of a mosque in Uttar Pradesh`s Muradnagar district has held that an SMS sent by a man stating `Talaq` thrice to his wife was valid for a divorce.
Shahid`s wife Praveen yesterday received an SMS with
`talaq` typed three times sent by him. The Imam has said the
two cannot unite now as this marriage has been made void, the
woman`s uncle Sajid said.
The couple had married three months ago but Praveen had
returned to live with her parents due to some differences.
Shahid tried to bring her back but failed to do so after which
he had sent the SMS, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February