Encephalitis toll climbs to 643 in eastern UP
Gorakhpur: Encephalitis has claimed the lives of two children, taking the death toll in the viral infection in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 643 this year.
The two children died in the last two days, Additional director (health) Diwakar Prasad today said.
As many as 82 people suffering from encephalitis are
undergoing treatment in various government hospitals in Basti
and Gorakhpur, he said.
With the fresh deaths, the toll in the viral infection in
eastern Uttar Pradesh has climbed to 643 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj