Encephalitis toll climbs to 643 in eastern UP
Gorakhpur: Encephalitis has claimed the lives of two children, taking the death toll in the viral infection in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 643 this year.
The two children died in the last two days, Additional director (health) Diwakar Prasad today said.
As many as 82 people suffering from encephalitis are
undergoing treatment in various government hospitals in Basti
and Gorakhpur, he said.
With the fresh deaths, the toll in the viral infection in
eastern Uttar Pradesh has climbed to 643 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter