Engineering student dies as train runs over him
Ghaziabad: A 21-year-old engineering student
was killed after being hit by a train when he was strolling on
a railway track, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place at Modinagar area. Ayush Mishra,
a first year B Tech student of K N Modi engineering college,
was hit by Shalimar Express train late last night, they said.
According to police, Ayush had put on earphones and was
listening to music while walking on the railway track and
could not hear or see the train coming.
In a separate incident, an unidentified man was ran over
by Chhattishgarh Express while crossing the track.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured