Engineering student dies as train runs over him
Ghaziabad: A 21-year-old engineering student
was killed after being hit by a train when he was strolling on
a railway track, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place at Modinagar area. Ayush Mishra,
a first year B Tech student of K N Modi engineering college,
was hit by Shalimar Express train late last night, they said.
According to police, Ayush had put on earphones and was
listening to music while walking on the railway track and
could not hear or see the train coming.
In a separate incident, an unidentified man was ran over
by Chhattishgarh Express while crossing the track.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail