Free laptops, cheap loans in SP poll manifesto
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party on Friday released
its manifesto for Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections promising a ban on land acquisition except in urgent circumstances and various sops for the agriculture sector.
The manifesto for the coming Assembly elections in the
state also promised laptops to intermediate passed students,
loans at four per cent interest to small and marginal farmers,
pension to those above 65 years and loan waivers.
The party promised a ban on land acquisition, except in
urgent need. It said in case acquisition would be done it
would be with the consent of farmers and the compensation
given would be six times higher than the circle rate.
If the land is unutilised for three years, it would be
returned to the farmers.
The SP promised to create pressure on the Centre for
implementation of recommendations of the Rangnath commission
and Sachar committee reports.
The manifesto said the party would not allow Foreign
Direct Investment in retail sectors at any cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Anil Ambani's elder son Jai Anmol joins Reliance Capital board
- Gold price rises by Rs 150 to Rs 31,200 per 10 grams
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely