Free laptops, cheap loans in SP poll manifesto
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party on Friday released
its manifesto for Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections promising a ban on land acquisition except in urgent circumstances and various sops for the agriculture sector.
The manifesto for the coming Assembly elections in the
state also promised laptops to intermediate passed students,
loans at four per cent interest to small and marginal farmers,
pension to those above 65 years and loan waivers.
The party promised a ban on land acquisition, except in
urgent need. It said in case acquisition would be done it
would be with the consent of farmers and the compensation
given would be six times higher than the circle rate.
If the land is unutilised for three years, it would be
returned to the farmers.
The SP promised to create pressure on the Centre for
implementation of recommendations of the Rangnath commission
and Sachar committee reports.
The manifesto said the party would not allow Foreign
Direct Investment in retail sectors at any cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi