HC notice to Centre, UP govt
New Delhi: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday issued notices to Centre and the Uttar Pradesh government while hearing a plea filed against state’s Cabinet Secretary Sashank Shekhar Singh in connection with a money laundering and land grabbing case involving him.
According to reports, the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court also gave three weeks time to the Mayawati government to file its reply in the case.
Coming down heavily on the Centre, the High Court also asked it to tell why a CBI probe should not be initiated against the top official.
Singh, a close aide of BSP chief Mayawati, also made headlines when a petition was moved in Supreme Court challenging his appointment as the Cabinet Secretary in the Uttar Pradesh government.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step