HC notice to Centre, UP govt
New Delhi: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday issued notices to Centre and the Uttar Pradesh government while hearing a plea filed against state’s Cabinet Secretary Sashank Shekhar Singh in connection with a money laundering and land grabbing case involving him.
According to reports, the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court also gave three weeks time to the Mayawati government to file its reply in the case.
Coming down heavily on the Centre, the High Court also asked it to tell why a CBI probe should not be initiated against the top official.
Singh, a close aide of BSP chief Mayawati, also made headlines when a petition was moved in Supreme Court challenging his appointment as the Cabinet Secretary in the Uttar Pradesh government.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers