HC notice to Centre, UP govt
New Delhi: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday issued notices to Centre and the Uttar Pradesh government while hearing a plea filed against state’s Cabinet Secretary Sashank Shekhar Singh in connection with a money laundering and land grabbing case involving him.
According to reports, the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court also gave three weeks time to the Mayawati government to file its reply in the case.
Coming down heavily on the Centre, the High Court also asked it to tell why a CBI probe should not be initiated against the top official.
Singh, a close aide of BSP chief Mayawati, also made headlines when a petition was moved in Supreme Court challenging his appointment as the Cabinet Secretary in the Uttar Pradesh government.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'