HC notice to Centre, UP govt
New Delhi: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday issued notices to Centre and the Uttar Pradesh government while hearing a plea filed against state’s Cabinet Secretary Sashank Shekhar Singh in connection with a money laundering and land grabbing case involving him.
According to reports, the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court also gave three weeks time to the Mayawati government to file its reply in the case.
Coming down heavily on the Centre, the High Court also asked it to tell why a CBI probe should not be initiated against the top official.
Singh, a close aide of BSP chief Mayawati, also made headlines when a petition was moved in Supreme Court challenging his appointment as the Cabinet Secretary in the Uttar Pradesh government.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video