Jankranti Party manifesto opposes minority quota
Lucknow: The Jankranti Party, led by Kalyan
Singh, on Wednesday released its manifesto for the Uttar Pradesh
assembly election favouring division of UP into four states
and opposing sub-quota for minorities.
Opposing any religion-based reservation, the manifesto
said the party was against the Centre`s proposal to grant 4.5
per cent reservation to minorities within the 27 per cent OBC
"The Jankranti Party follows the policy of justice to
all and appeasement to none," Kalyan Singh said releasing
Favouring unemployment allowance for youths, the party
promised free education to girls up to the higher education
level and 20 per cent reservation for them in government jobs.
The party also opposed the FDI in retail sector.
To a question on BJP`s "Vision Document" mentioning his
government in UP as an achievement of the party, he said "if
so, the BJP should give me credit and extend support to my
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!