Jankranti Party manifesto opposes minority quota
Lucknow: The Jankranti Party, led by Kalyan
Singh, on Wednesday released its manifesto for the Uttar Pradesh
assembly election favouring division of UP into four states
and opposing sub-quota for minorities.
Opposing any religion-based reservation, the manifesto
said the party was against the Centre`s proposal to grant 4.5
per cent reservation to minorities within the 27 per cent OBC
"The Jankranti Party follows the policy of justice to
all and appeasement to none," Kalyan Singh said releasing
Favouring unemployment allowance for youths, the party
promised free education to girls up to the higher education
level and 20 per cent reservation for them in government jobs.
The party also opposed the FDI in retail sector.
To a question on BJP`s "Vision Document" mentioning his
government in UP as an achievement of the party, he said "if
so, the BJP should give me credit and extend support to my
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit