Jat agitation spreads to UP
Muzaffarnagar: The Jat agitation in neighbouring Haryana has spread to parts of Uttar Pradesh where protesters blocked roads at two different places in support of the ongoing stir, demanding reservation for the community in government jobs.
Activists under the banner of Jat Reservation Action Committee blocked the Delhi-Dehradun National Highway near Bensi village here yesterday, police said.
In neighbouring Prabudhnagar district bordering Haryana, agitators blocked Karnal-Meerut highway near Jhinjhana town, they said. Police later brought the agitated mob under control and
cleared the blockades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes