Jat agitation spreads to UP
Muzaffarnagar: The Jat agitation in neighbouring Haryana has spread to parts of Uttar Pradesh where protesters blocked roads at two different places in support of the ongoing stir, demanding reservation for the community in government jobs.
Activists under the banner of Jat Reservation Action Committee blocked the Delhi-Dehradun National Highway near Bensi village here yesterday, police said.
In neighbouring Prabudhnagar district bordering Haryana, agitators blocked Karnal-Meerut highway near Jhinjhana town, they said. Police later brought the agitated mob under control and
cleared the blockades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog