Jat agitation spreads to UP
Muzaffarnagar: The Jat agitation in neighbouring Haryana has spread to parts of Uttar Pradesh where protesters blocked roads at two different places in support of the ongoing stir, demanding reservation for the community in government jobs.
Activists under the banner of Jat Reservation Action Committee blocked the Delhi-Dehradun National Highway near Bensi village here yesterday, police said.
In neighbouring Prabudhnagar district bordering Haryana, agitators blocked Karnal-Meerut highway near Jhinjhana town, they said. Police later brought the agitated mob under control and
cleared the blockades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- China, North Korea envoys hold talks in Laos
- If Narsingh Yadav is found guilty, Sushil Kumar cannot replace him for Rio Olympics – Here's why!
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Navjot Singh Sidhu says he quit Rajya Sabha because he was told to stay away from Punjab