Job-seekers throng employment exchanges in UP
Lucknow: Unemployed youths thronged
employment exchanges across Uttar Pradesh following the
promise made by Samajwadi Party in its election manifesto that
it will give an allowance of Rs 1,000 per month to them.
"There is huge rush of jobless youths at employment
exchanges to get their names registered for the unemployment
allowance promised by the SP in its poll manifesto," an
official said on Tuesday.
At many places, police had to use force yesterday to
control long queues of the applicants.
In Bahraich, police used force to control the situation
following chaos at the employment office as a large number of
people turned up for registration. Similar was the situation
in districts of Bundelkhand and central UP.
In Sultanpur, over 4,500 registrations were done
In Kanpur, applicants created ruckus at employment
exchange office prompting police to use force.
SP had promised, if voted to power, it would increase the
age limit for government jobs to 35.
Though the party had promised an allowance of Rs 1,000
per month to those who failed to get job till the age of 35,
youths in the age group of 20-25 are also thronging the
"The manner in which the youths at employment exchanges
are being lathicharged is condemnable as several people were
injured across the state in the police action," BJP spokesman
Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
He said if SP has promised unemployment allowance only to
those above 35 years of age, it should be made clear and
publicised as well.
"The party while making populist promises failed to
realise that it will lead to chaos otherwise special
arrangements should have been made for this," Pathak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why