NCC official arrested in fraud case
Agra: A head clerk of NCC Group Directorate was arrested for allegedly taking money from a youth on the pretext of recruiting his friend into the Army, a senior police official said on Sunday.
Head clerk Bhuri Singh, a resident of RK Puram colony of Tajganj area, was arrested yesterday on the charges of taking Rs 50,000 from Adesh Yadav of Firozabad for recruiting his friend Gaurav Shrotriya as a jawan in the army, SSP Agra S C Bajpai said.
Singh had assured Yadav that he would ensure his friend passed the medical test, necessary for the recruitment process, on July 20 this year.
But, however, after the date of the test passed without any response from Singh, Yadav became suspicious and lodged an FIR following which the accused was arrested, Bajpai said.
Papers connected with the recruitment, bank passbooks and other documents were also seized from his possession, the SSP said.
Meanwhile, a team of CBI, Intelligence Bureau and Army officials have arrived in Agra to question Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki