NCC official arrested in fraud case
Agra: A head clerk of NCC Group Directorate was arrested for allegedly taking money from a youth on the pretext of recruiting his friend into the Army, a senior police official said on Sunday.
Head clerk Bhuri Singh, a resident of RK Puram colony of Tajganj area, was arrested yesterday on the charges of taking Rs 50,000 from Adesh Yadav of Firozabad for recruiting his friend Gaurav Shrotriya as a jawan in the army, SSP Agra S C Bajpai said.
Singh had assured Yadav that he would ensure his friend passed the medical test, necessary for the recruitment process, on July 20 this year.
But, however, after the date of the test passed without any response from Singh, Yadav became suspicious and lodged an FIR following which the accused was arrested, Bajpai said.
Papers connected with the recruitment, bank passbooks and other documents were also seized from his possession, the SSP said.
Meanwhile, a team of CBI, Intelligence Bureau and Army officials have arrived in Agra to question Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak