NCC official arrested in fraud case
Agra: A head clerk of NCC Group Directorate was arrested for allegedly taking money from a youth on the pretext of recruiting his friend into the Army, a senior police official said on Sunday.
Head clerk Bhuri Singh, a resident of RK Puram colony of Tajganj area, was arrested yesterday on the charges of taking Rs 50,000 from Adesh Yadav of Firozabad for recruiting his friend Gaurav Shrotriya as a jawan in the army, SSP Agra S C Bajpai said.
Singh had assured Yadav that he would ensure his friend passed the medical test, necessary for the recruitment process, on July 20 this year.
But, however, after the date of the test passed without any response from Singh, Yadav became suspicious and lodged an FIR following which the accused was arrested, Bajpai said.
Papers connected with the recruitment, bank passbooks and other documents were also seized from his possession, the SSP said.
Meanwhile, a team of CBI, Intelligence Bureau and Army officials have arrived in Agra to question Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam