NCC official arrested in fraud case
Agra: A head clerk of NCC Group Directorate was arrested for allegedly taking money from a youth on the pretext of recruiting his friend into the Army, a senior police official said on Sunday.
Head clerk Bhuri Singh, a resident of RK Puram colony of Tajganj area, was arrested yesterday on the charges of taking Rs 50,000 from Adesh Yadav of Firozabad for recruiting his friend Gaurav Shrotriya as a jawan in the army, SSP Agra S C Bajpai said.
Singh had assured Yadav that he would ensure his friend passed the medical test, necessary for the recruitment process, on July 20 this year.
But, however, after the date of the test passed without any response from Singh, Yadav became suspicious and lodged an FIR following which the accused was arrested, Bajpai said.
Papers connected with the recruitment, bank passbooks and other documents were also seized from his possession, the SSP said.
Meanwhile, a team of CBI, Intelligence Bureau and Army officials have arrived in Agra to question Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends