NCC official arrested in fraud case
Agra: A head clerk of NCC Group Directorate was arrested for allegedly taking money from a youth on the pretext of recruiting his friend into the Army, a senior police official said on Sunday.
Head clerk Bhuri Singh, a resident of RK Puram colony of Tajganj area, was arrested yesterday on the charges of taking Rs 50,000 from Adesh Yadav of Firozabad for recruiting his friend Gaurav Shrotriya as a jawan in the army, SSP Agra S C Bajpai said.
Singh had assured Yadav that he would ensure his friend passed the medical test, necessary for the recruitment process, on July 20 this year.
But, however, after the date of the test passed without any response from Singh, Yadav became suspicious and lodged an FIR following which the accused was arrested, Bajpai said.
Papers connected with the recruitment, bank passbooks and other documents were also seized from his possession, the SSP said.
Meanwhile, a team of CBI, Intelligence Bureau and Army officials have arrived in Agra to question Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert