No info about FIRs lodged in NRHM scam: UP govt
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government today said it did not have information regarding the number of cases lodged against doctors and politicians in connection with the NRHM scam being probed by the CBI.
"As CBI is probing the matter, we do not have any information regarding the number of cases lodged against doctors and others in the NRHM scam. The CBI has not given information to the health department regarding registration of FIRs," State Minister Shankhlal Majhi said while replying to a question in the Legislative Assembly.
The question was raised by the Congress member Anugrah Narain Singh.
The minister said that under NRHM, the state received Rs 1499.25 crore of which 953.73 crore were spent in 2007-08, Rs 1846.88 crore in which 1501.57 crore were spent in 2008-09, Rs 2900.48 crore in which 2203.44 crore were spent in 2009-10, Rs 2793.48 crore in which 2660.26 crore were spent in 2010-11, Rs 2595.18 crore in which 1976.87 crore were spent in 2011-12.
The state government has so far suspended 21 doctors in the NRHM scam, Majhi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?