NRHM scam: CBI interrogates former UP minister
New Delhi: Former Uttar Pradesh Minister
Anant Kumar Mishra was today interrogated by the CBI in
connection with alleged irregularities in expenditure of funds
worth about Rs 10,000 crore in the National Rural Health
Mission and murder of three top health officials.
Mishra, summoned by the central probe agency today, was
grilled for nearly eight hours during which he quizzed on
expenditure incurred on various schemes, tendering process and
procurement of ambulances for the state during his tenure as
the Health Minister there.
He was also asked about the funds allocated under the
scheme to Lucknow district and also on some developments which
have surfaced during the probe in the murders of two Chief
Medical Officers -- V K Arya and B P Singh -- which took place
during his tenure as the Health Minister of the state, CBI
The agency had summoned Kushwaha and former Health
Minister Anant Mishra here for questioning in connection with
the multi-crore NRHM scam and murders of health officials
which had led to state-wide furore over allegation of rampant
corruption in execution of the central scheme, they said.
Kushwaha was questioned yesterday by the agency and is
likely to be called again.
The CBI had started probe into the alleged irregularities
in spending of Rs 10,000 crore allocated to Uttar Pradesh as
central funds under NRHM, after registering five preliminary
enquiries following orders of the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read