Petition against Kushwaha to change name dismissed
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad
High Court today dismissed a writ petition seeking action
against former minister and ex-BSP leader Babu Singh Kushwaha
for changing his name.
The petition filed by one Shabhajeet Singh was rejected
by a division bench comprising Justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and
Devendra Kumar Upadhyaya, which observed it does not raise any
question of larger public cause.
The petitition has sought action against the former
minister alleging that his earlier name was Ram Charan which
was later changed to Babu Singh.
He sought direction to punish Kushwaha and initiate
criminal proceedings, recovery of employment drawn by him as
the minister and an inquiry by CBI or any other independent
"The court comes to the definite conclusion that the
instant writ petition does not raise any question of larger
public cause," the court observed.
The bench said that it was also not a case where some
person has withdrawn employments and other facilities from the
state exchequre impersonating himself as to be someone else.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India