Six-month-old baby dies after being raped
Agra: A six-month-old baby died after she was allegedly raped by her neighbour in Kukhthala village in this district, police said.
The baby girl was taken out on Monday night by a 26-year-old youth named Lohare, who used to visit the house frequently, police said.
After the accused did not return with the baby, the family went in search of the child and later filed a police complaint against him.
The baby`s body was yesterday found in a neighbouring village. She had apparetly apparently died due to excessive bleeding, police said, adding that the accused youth is still at large.
Agitated over the incident, the villagers blocked a highway and held a protest alleging inaction by police.
The blockade was lifted after an order was issued for the suspension of Kukhthala police staion in-charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal