Six-month-old baby dies after being raped
Agra: A six-month-old baby died after she was allegedly raped by her neighbour in Kukhthala village in this district, police said.
The baby girl was taken out on Monday night by a 26-year-old youth named Lohare, who used to visit the house frequently, police said.
After the accused did not return with the baby, the family went in search of the child and later filed a police complaint against him.
The baby`s body was yesterday found in a neighbouring village. She had apparetly apparently died due to excessive bleeding, police said, adding that the accused youth is still at large.
Agitated over the incident, the villagers blocked a highway and held a protest alleging inaction by police.
The blockade was lifted after an order was issued for the suspension of Kukhthala police staion in-charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell