Six-month-old baby dies after being raped
Agra: A six-month-old baby died after she was allegedly raped by her neighbour in Kukhthala village in this district, police said.
The baby girl was taken out on Monday night by a 26-year-old youth named Lohare, who used to visit the house frequently, police said.
After the accused did not return with the baby, the family went in search of the child and later filed a police complaint against him.
The baby`s body was yesterday found in a neighbouring village. She had apparetly apparently died due to excessive bleeding, police said, adding that the accused youth is still at large.
Agitated over the incident, the villagers blocked a highway and held a protest alleging inaction by police.
The blockade was lifted after an order was issued for the suspension of Kukhthala police staion in-charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30