Six-month-old baby dies after being raped
Agra: A six-month-old baby died after she was allegedly raped by her neighbour in Kukhthala village in this district, police said.
The baby girl was taken out on Monday night by a 26-year-old youth named Lohare, who used to visit the house frequently, police said.
After the accused did not return with the baby, the family went in search of the child and later filed a police complaint against him.
The baby`s body was yesterday found in a neighbouring village. She had apparetly apparently died due to excessive bleeding, police said, adding that the accused youth is still at large.
Agitated over the incident, the villagers blocked a highway and held a protest alleging inaction by police.
The blockade was lifted after an order was issued for the suspension of Kukhthala police staion in-charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Akhilesh warns of attempts to vitiate UP's atmosphere before polls
- Now, a Hindi wordgame app for smart devices
- Jan Dhan accounts “very vulnerable” to frauds: RBI
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming