Two arrested for admission fraud in Varanasi
Varanasi (UP): Two persons have been arrested here for allegedly submitting forged documents to get admission into a dental surgery course in Institute of Medical Science, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), police said on Saturday.
Arvind Yadav, a resident of Khmpur Raniganj attached his friend Arun Yadav`s photograph on his entrance exam form for Bachelors of dental surgery, University Proctor H C S Rathore said.
Arun wrote the exam on Arvind`s behalf but when the latter came for counselling along with his accomplice Ramashis Chowdhary, university officials got suspicious as the photograph on the form didn`t match with the applicant after which they informed the Proctorial Board, he said.
The board handed both Arvind and Chowdhary to Lanka police after the duo failed to give satisfactory answers to the board, Rathore said.
A case of fraud has been registered against the duo, police said, adding that Chowdhary might be involved in admission racket and was helping Arvind.
Search is on to nab Arun, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!