Two arrested for admission fraud in Varanasi
Varanasi (UP): Two persons have been arrested here for allegedly submitting forged documents to get admission into a dental surgery course in Institute of Medical Science, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), police said on Saturday.
Arvind Yadav, a resident of Khmpur Raniganj attached his friend Arun Yadav`s photograph on his entrance exam form for Bachelors of dental surgery, University Proctor H C S Rathore said.
Arun wrote the exam on Arvind`s behalf but when the latter came for counselling along with his accomplice Ramashis Chowdhary, university officials got suspicious as the photograph on the form didn`t match with the applicant after which they informed the Proctorial Board, he said.
The board handed both Arvind and Chowdhary to Lanka police after the duo failed to give satisfactory answers to the board, Rathore said.
A case of fraud has been registered against the duo, police said, adding that Chowdhary might be involved in admission racket and was helping Arvind.
Search is on to nab Arun, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre