UP govt seeks rpt on graft charges against engineer
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has sought a report from its Principal Secretary, Housing, for initiating an enquiry against a Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) executive engineer for amassing disproportionate assets.
The move came on a complaint of Sarajane Na gar Samarkand Party MAL Shard Pratt Shaula, who alleged that executive Engineer R N Sing had amassed the disproportionate assets by misusing his office.
Shaula alleged that Sing had plots, buildings, hotels and commercial complexes in Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad, Allahabad and Varanasi in his and his relatives names.
"These properties were acquired by Singh during his service period. The enquiry into these are necessary in public interest", the MLA said in his complaint.
Taking note of his complaint, Secretary to Chief Minister Anita Singh has asked Principal Secretary Housing to prepare a report on the allegations to start an enquiry against the engineer.
Singh, considered close to BSP during the previous regime, was in charge of some important projects and schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof