UP govt seeks rpt on graft charges against engineer
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has sought a report from its Principal Secretary, Housing, for initiating an enquiry against a Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) executive engineer for amassing disproportionate assets.
The move came on a complaint of Sarajane Na gar Samarkand Party MAL Shard Pratt Shaula, who alleged that executive Engineer R N Sing had amassed the disproportionate assets by misusing his office.
Shaula alleged that Sing had plots, buildings, hotels and commercial complexes in Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad, Allahabad and Varanasi in his and his relatives names.
"These properties were acquired by Singh during his service period. The enquiry into these are necessary in public interest", the MLA said in his complaint.
Taking note of his complaint, Secretary to Chief Minister Anita Singh has asked Principal Secretary Housing to prepare a report on the allegations to start an enquiry against the engineer.
Singh, considered close to BSP during the previous regime, was in charge of some important projects and schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman