UP govt seeks rpt on graft charges against engineer
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has sought a report from its Principal Secretary, Housing, for initiating an enquiry against a Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) executive engineer for amassing disproportionate assets.
The move came on a complaint of Sarajane Na gar Samarkand Party MAL Shard Pratt Shaula, who alleged that executive Engineer R N Sing had amassed the disproportionate assets by misusing his office.
Shaula alleged that Sing had plots, buildings, hotels and commercial complexes in Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad, Allahabad and Varanasi in his and his relatives names.
"These properties were acquired by Singh during his service period. The enquiry into these are necessary in public interest", the MLA said in his complaint.
Taking note of his complaint, Secretary to Chief Minister Anita Singh has asked Principal Secretary Housing to prepare a report on the allegations to start an enquiry against the engineer.
Singh, considered close to BSP during the previous regime, was in charge of some important projects and schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP