UP govt seeks rpt on graft charges against engineer
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has sought a report from its Principal Secretary, Housing, for initiating an enquiry against a Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) executive engineer for amassing disproportionate assets.
The move came on a complaint of Sarajane Na gar Samarkand Party MAL Shard Pratt Shaula, who alleged that executive Engineer R N Sing had amassed the disproportionate assets by misusing his office.
Shaula alleged that Sing had plots, buildings, hotels and commercial complexes in Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad, Allahabad and Varanasi in his and his relatives names.
"These properties were acquired by Singh during his service period. The enquiry into these are necessary in public interest", the MLA said in his complaint.
Taking note of his complaint, Secretary to Chief Minister Anita Singh has asked Principal Secretary Housing to prepare a report on the allegations to start an enquiry against the engineer.
Singh, considered close to BSP during the previous regime, was in charge of some important projects and schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray