UP health scare: Sweeper suspended, action against
Balia: Taking serious note of a sweeper giving injections to patients in the emergency ward of the district government hosptial, Chief Medical Superitendent (CMS) on Monday suspended him and recommended disciplinary action against the doctor on the duty.
"Taking note of the incident, sweeper Raj Kumar has been suspended after priliminary inquiry found him guilty and recommendation of strict disciplinary action has been made against Dr BK Gupta," CMS, PN Nadar said.
On July 10, the sweeper was shown by TV channels administering injections and stitching wounds in the emergency ward of the district hospital.
However, Kumar claimed that he administered injections and stitches according to instructions of doctors.
The UP government has ordered an inquiry, saying laxity will not be tolerated and stern action will be taken against the errant staff.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'