UP: Spurned lover throws acid on girl
Kanpur: A jilted lover enraged by his
girlfriend`s refusal to marry him allegedly threw acid on her, injuring her seriously.
The girl used to run a pan masala stall to support herself and her younger brother after her parents died.
The incident took place at the busy Birhana road area here last night when Sameer, a resident of Kuti Mall, along
with his friend came on a motorbike and threw acid on the
16-year-old girl, police said.
The victim was rushed to a hospital with severe burns on
her hand and chest, they said.
The girl and Samir had been friends for a year. Samir
wanted to marry her but she had refused his proposal following
which he was upset. The girl`s grandfather had even fixed her
marriage elsewhere angering him further.
A case has been registered and a search is on to nab
Samir, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video