UP: Spurned lover throws acid on girl
Kanpur: A jilted lover enraged by his
girlfriend`s refusal to marry him allegedly threw acid on her, injuring her seriously.
The girl used to run a pan masala stall to support herself and her younger brother after her parents died.
The incident took place at the busy Birhana road area here last night when Sameer, a resident of Kuti Mall, along
with his friend came on a motorbike and threw acid on the
16-year-old girl, police said.
The victim was rushed to a hospital with severe burns on
her hand and chest, they said.
The girl and Samir had been friends for a year. Samir
wanted to marry her but she had refused his proposal following
which he was upset. The girl`s grandfather had even fixed her
marriage elsewhere angering him further.
A case has been registered and a search is on to nab
Samir, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB