Wheat procurement: Stern action against Unnao DM
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has removed district magistrate of Unnao, called explanation from four officials and suspended four others following inspection of wheat procurement centres in the district by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
DM Unnao Anamika Singh has been removed and her explanation called for after shortcomings were detected during surprise inspection of wheat procurement centres by the CM on Friday last, an official spokesman said here today.
He said that explanation has also been called from food and civil supplies commissioner Archana Agarwal, PCF managing director Sandhya Agarwal, MD of Essential Commodities Corporation SK Ojha and executive director of Employees Welfare Corporation Vijay Bahadur Singh.
The MD of Warehousing Corporation Onkar Yadav, regional officer Unnao Sadanand Kumar Dwiwedi, Nyotani centre incharge Amod Jain and Dahi Chowki centre incharge Sanjay Tiwari have been suspended for laxity in supervision work, the spokesman said.
During the surprise inspection of the wheat procurement centre by Akhilesh, shortcomings were detected after which the CM directed for the stern action to be taken against the officials, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter