Wheat procurement: Stern action against Unnao DM
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has removed district magistrate of Unnao, called explanation from four officials and suspended four others following inspection of wheat procurement centres in the district by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
DM Unnao Anamika Singh has been removed and her explanation called for after shortcomings were detected during surprise inspection of wheat procurement centres by the CM on Friday last, an official spokesman said here today.
He said that explanation has also been called from food and civil supplies commissioner Archana Agarwal, PCF managing director Sandhya Agarwal, MD of Essential Commodities Corporation SK Ojha and executive director of Employees Welfare Corporation Vijay Bahadur Singh.
The MD of Warehousing Corporation Onkar Yadav, regional officer Unnao Sadanand Kumar Dwiwedi, Nyotani centre incharge Amod Jain and Dahi Chowki centre incharge Sanjay Tiwari have been suspended for laxity in supervision work, the spokesman said.
During the surprise inspection of the wheat procurement centre by Akhilesh, shortcomings were detected after which the CM directed for the stern action to be taken against the officials, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?