Kotdwar to be new entry point for Jim Corbett Park
Dehra Dun: The wildlife lovers would now be able to enter the famous Jim Corbett National park from Kotdwar area of Pauri district, besides the existing Ramnagar
entry gate of Nainital.
A centre for booking would also be opened in Kotdwar, officials said on Sunday. An amount of Rs 63.60 lakh has been sanctioned by the state government for the purpose, they added.
The decision was taken keeping in mind the demand of people living in Kotdwar area. Corbett Park, which is the oldest national park of the country, is home to some of the rare animals including the tiger and attracts lakhs of visitors every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores