Kotdwar to be new entry point for Jim Corbett Park
Dehra Dun: The wildlife lovers would now be able to enter the famous Jim Corbett National park from Kotdwar area of Pauri district, besides the existing Ramnagar
entry gate of Nainital.
A centre for booking would also be opened in Kotdwar, officials said on Sunday. An amount of Rs 63.60 lakh has been sanctioned by the state government for the purpose, they added.
The decision was taken keeping in mind the demand of people living in Kotdwar area. Corbett Park, which is the oldest national park of the country, is home to some of the rare animals including the tiger and attracts lakhs of visitors every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends