Kotdwar to be new entry point for Jim Corbett Park
Dehra Dun: The wildlife lovers would now be able to enter the famous Jim Corbett National park from Kotdwar area of Pauri district, besides the existing Ramnagar
entry gate of Nainital.
A centre for booking would also be opened in Kotdwar, officials said on Sunday. An amount of Rs 63.60 lakh has been sanctioned by the state government for the purpose, they added.
The decision was taken keeping in mind the demand of people living in Kotdwar area. Corbett Park, which is the oldest national park of the country, is home to some of the rare animals including the tiger and attracts lakhs of visitors every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad