Kotdwar to be new entry point for Jim Corbett Park
Dehra Dun: The wildlife lovers would now be able to enter the famous Jim Corbett National park from Kotdwar area of Pauri district, besides the existing Ramnagar
entry gate of Nainital.
A centre for booking would also be opened in Kotdwar, officials said on Sunday. An amount of Rs 63.60 lakh has been sanctioned by the state government for the purpose, they added.
The decision was taken keeping in mind the demand of people living in Kotdwar area. Corbett Park, which is the oldest national park of the country, is home to some of the rare animals including the tiger and attracts lakhs of visitors every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation