Kotdwar to be new entry point for Jim Corbett Park
Dehra Dun: The wildlife lovers would now be able to enter the famous Jim Corbett National park from Kotdwar area of Pauri district, besides the existing Ramnagar
entry gate of Nainital.
A centre for booking would also be opened in Kotdwar, officials said on Sunday. An amount of Rs 63.60 lakh has been sanctioned by the state government for the purpose, they added.
The decision was taken keeping in mind the demand of people living in Kotdwar area. Corbett Park, which is the oldest national park of the country, is home to some of the rare animals including the tiger and attracts lakhs of visitors every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016