Man who severed wife`s body sent to police remand
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Monday, December 13, 2010, 20:26
Dehra Dun: The software engineer, who allegedly murdered his wife, cut the body into pieces and hid it in a deep freezer for nearly two months, was on Monday sent to four days police remand by a local court.

Rajesh Gulati (37), who hails from Delhi, was produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate Amrendra Singh, who sent him to four-day police remand, SSP Dehra Dun GS Mortolia said.

The grisly incident came to light yesterday when Sujan Kumar, brother of the victim Anupama Gulati (33), lodged a complaint with the police after he failed to get any satisfactory answer from the accused about his sister.

After the complaint, police arrested Gulati from his rented accommodation at Prakash Nagar area here, Martolia said, adding that Gulati confessed to have murdered Anupama on October 17.

The couple used to fight frequently and on October 17 Gulati banged Anupama's head against a wall after which she fell unconscious. Later, he strangulated her in a fit of rage and cut the corpse into pieces later hiding it in a deep-freezer, Martolia said.

The couple also had four-year twins, who were informed by the accused that their mother had gone to Delhi. Gulati also informed Anupama's family that his relations with his wife had improved.

However, her brother grew suspicious and came to Dehra Dun yesterday to inquire about his sister.

The couple had married in 1999 after a long courtship period but their relations turned sour later. They had settled down in Dehra Dun 18 months ago after they returned from US.

Meanwhile, the couple's children are in custody of their maternal uncle, who would take them to Delhi, police said.

Inspector General of Police, Garhwal, MA Ganapathy said the police would investigate the case under "rare of the rarest cases" and take help of forensic experts.


First Published: Monday, December 13, 2010, 20:26

comments powered by Disqus