Ponty Chadha shootout: Clear air on presence of officials, says BJP
Dehradun: The Opposition BJP on Monday asked the Uttarakhand government to clear the air over alleged presence of two senior officials and some politicians from the state in Delhi during the Chattarpur farmhouse shootout in which liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother were killed.
Raising the issue in the Uttarakhand Assembly as soon as it met for the day, the BJP said speculation in this regard was tarnishing the state`s image.
Leader of the Opposition Ajay Bhatt said the arrest of former state Minorities Commission chief Sukhdev Singh Namdhari in connection with the case and allegations about presence of two officials and some politicians from the state in Delhi at the time of the shootout was harming the state`s reputation.
Noting that even a Cabinet minister in the state had demanded a probe into the matter, Bhatt said the state government should clarify whether allegations about presence of the two officials and politicians at the time of the incident were true or just a rumour.
The BJP leader said if there is truth in the allegations, the state government should disclose the names of officials and politicians.
The BJP members calmed down after Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal agreed to permit them to raise the matter in the House later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Thanks to natural forces, Antarctic temperature falls! But it's temporary
- I wanted to bat in the top seven for a long time, reveals Ravichandran Ashwin
- Ugly spat: Renuka Chowdhury reacts to Harsimrat Kaur's 'Kachra' allegation, calls it 'cheap political drama'
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries