Ponty Chadha shootout: Clear air on presence of officials, says BJP
Dehradun: The Opposition BJP on Monday asked the Uttarakhand government to clear the air over alleged presence of two senior officials and some politicians from the state in Delhi during the Chattarpur farmhouse shootout in which liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother were killed.
Raising the issue in the Uttarakhand Assembly as soon as it met for the day, the BJP said speculation in this regard was tarnishing the state`s image.
Leader of the Opposition Ajay Bhatt said the arrest of former state Minorities Commission chief Sukhdev Singh Namdhari in connection with the case and allegations about presence of two officials and some politicians from the state in Delhi at the time of the shootout was harming the state`s reputation.
Noting that even a Cabinet minister in the state had demanded a probe into the matter, Bhatt said the state government should clarify whether allegations about presence of the two officials and politicians at the time of the incident were true or just a rumour.
The BJP leader said if there is truth in the allegations, the state government should disclose the names of officials and politicians.
The BJP members calmed down after Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal agreed to permit them to raise the matter in the House later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum