Ukd: Brother-sister duo killed in road accident
Dehra Dun: A brother-sister duo from Delhi
was killed and three others injured when a car in which they
were travelling fell into a gorge in Uttarakhand`s Tehri
district on Wednesday, police said.
The mishap occurred when the driver of the car, on way to
Chamoli from Delhi, lost control over the vehicle and it fell
into the gorge at Mulya village in Devprayag area, they said.
While Hukum Singh Badwal (51) and his sister Jamuna Pal
(43) died on the spot, the man`s wife, brother-in-law and the
car driver were seriously injured.
In a separate incident, a man was killed and his cousin
injured when a car in which they were travelling fell into
Mandakini river at Agastmuni area in Rudraprayag district
yesterday, police said.
In another incident, one person died and another received
injuries after a truck carrying LPG gas cylinders fell into a
gorge at Pali-Bachheti village in Tehri district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?