15 from Bengal feared killed in Sikkim: Mamata
Siliguri: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee on Wednesday said that around 15 people from the state are
feared killed in the Sunday quake that hit the Teesta Urja
project in Sikkim`s worst-affected North district which
"14 or 15 persons from West Bengal are feared killed
in Sunday`s quake in the Teesta Urja project," Banerjee told
During her visit to quake-hit areas of north Bengal and
Sikkim, she held a meeting with the Darjeeling district
magistrate, other district officials and north Bengal
Development Minister Gautam Deb, instructing them to make
necessary arrangements to rescue injured people and tourists
from West Bengal.
"We have sought helicopters from the Teesta Urja project
officials or the Central Disaster Management Department to
bring back anybody found there," she said.
The chief minister said that the state government on its
own had arranged for the return of some tourists from West
Bengal stranded in Sikkim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Rajan finished SMEs to help American MNCs: Swamy
- Bihar Matric Results 2016: BSEB Class 10th Result 2016, www.biharboard.net, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in, Bihar Board 10th Matric Result to be declared on May 29
- Oil slips as $50 level sparks new output fears
- GSK gets EU approval for first gene therapy for children
- US President Barack Obama mourns dead in Hiroshima, calls for world without nuclear arms