15 from Bengal feared killed in Sikkim: Mamata
Siliguri: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee on Wednesday said that around 15 people from the state are
feared killed in the Sunday quake that hit the Teesta Urja
project in Sikkim`s worst-affected North district which
"14 or 15 persons from West Bengal are feared killed
in Sunday`s quake in the Teesta Urja project," Banerjee told
During her visit to quake-hit areas of north Bengal and
Sikkim, she held a meeting with the Darjeeling district
magistrate, other district officials and north Bengal
Development Minister Gautam Deb, instructing them to make
necessary arrangements to rescue injured people and tourists
from West Bengal.
"We have sought helicopters from the Teesta Urja project
officials or the Central Disaster Management Department to
bring back anybody found there," she said.
The chief minister said that the state government on its
own had arranged for the return of some tourists from West
Bengal stranded in Sikkim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers