15 from Bengal feared killed in Sikkim: Mamata
Siliguri: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee on Wednesday said that around 15 people from the state are
feared killed in the Sunday quake that hit the Teesta Urja
project in Sikkim`s worst-affected North district which
"14 or 15 persons from West Bengal are feared killed
in Sunday`s quake in the Teesta Urja project," Banerjee told
During her visit to quake-hit areas of north Bengal and
Sikkim, she held a meeting with the Darjeeling district
magistrate, other district officials and north Bengal
Development Minister Gautam Deb, instructing them to make
necessary arrangements to rescue injured people and tourists
from West Bengal.
"We have sought helicopters from the Teesta Urja project
officials or the Central Disaster Management Department to
bring back anybody found there," she said.
The chief minister said that the state government on its
own had arranged for the return of some tourists from West
Bengal stranded in Sikkim.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor