Kishenji killed in ‘fake’ encounter: Family member
Karimnagar: The family members of slain top Maoist leader Kishenji Friday alleged that he was
killed in a "fake" encounter and demanded that his body be handed over to them for performing last rites.
The 58-year-old Molajula Koteswar Rao, better known as Kishenji, was gunned down by security forces in a forest in West Midnapore district of West Bengal yesterday. He hailed from Peddapalli in Karimnagar district.
Talking to the media at Peddapalli, Anjaneyulu, elder brother of Kishenji, maintained the killing was result of a conspiracy hatched by the West Bengal and Central Governments.
Anjaneyulu alleged his brother was killed in a "fake" gunbattle. He appealed to Government to handover the Maoist leader`s body for cremation at his native place.
The body of Kishenji was first taken to Jhargram hospital morgue and then to the Midnapore police morgue for post-mortem.
After coming to know about the death of the top Maoist leader, his relatives and friends visited his house.
Meanwhile, police are maintaining strict vigil in the district after the killing of Kishenji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje