New Kolkata Airport Terminal to be ready in Oct
Chennai: Airports Authority of India is hopeful of throwing open the new terminal of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport at Kolkata to the public by Durga Puja this year, a top official has said.
"Work is going on well. We are hoping to open the terminal by Durga Puja," AAI Chairman V P Agarwal told reporters here yesterday. The festival falls in October.
Elaborating on the ongoing work at Kolkata airport, he said cleaning and greening work were in progress.
"Trial operation for domestic (terminal) is done. And for international, we are planning. So building is all energised. Cleaning is going on," he said.
About its inauguration, he said, "The foundation stone was laid by (the then) Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee. Now, he is running for the Presidential position. I am aiming that the President should come," he added.
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow
- Body of murdered Kerala nurse to arrive home from Oman today
- Mario Miranda’s 90th birthday: Google honours cartoonist with an illustrative doodle!