New Kolkata Airport Terminal to be ready in Oct
Chennai: Airports Authority of India is hopeful of throwing open the new terminal of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport at Kolkata to the public by Durga Puja this year, a top official has said.
"Work is going on well. We are hoping to open the terminal by Durga Puja," AAI Chairman V P Agarwal told reporters here yesterday. The festival falls in October.
Elaborating on the ongoing work at Kolkata airport, he said cleaning and greening work were in progress.
"Trial operation for domestic (terminal) is done. And for international, we are planning. So building is all energised. Cleaning is going on," he said.
About its inauguration, he said, "The foundation stone was laid by (the then) Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee. Now, he is running for the Presidential position. I am aiming that the President should come," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi