Senior BSNL official arrested on bribe charges
New Delhi: The CBI has arrested Chief General Manager of state-owned BSNL from a hotel in Kolkata for allegedly accepting a bribe from a cable supplier, CBI sources said here on Sunday.
SK Satyarthi, CGM, BSNL Factory Circle, Kolkata, was arrested late last night while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 3.25 lakh from the supplier, they said.
Based on a complaint that the chief general manager was allegedly demanding a bribe for awarding a contract of cable supply, the CBI had laid down a trap at the hotel where the alleged exchange of money was to take place, they said.
After getting a signal, the CBI team entered the hotel and arrested Satyarthi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan