TMC workers snatch microphone from Bengal minister
Aarambagh: Disgruntled Trinamool
Congress leaders snatched the microphone from the hands of
West Bengal Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee when he rose
to speak at a function here on Sunday.
Chatterjee, a prominent TMC leader, rose from his chair
to address the gathering at a Panchayati Raj Sammelan here, in
Hooghly district, when local leaders climbed onto the stage,
took away the microphone and started addressing themselves.
They claimed that they were being cold-shouldered by the
"Those who have been in the party since 1998 are being
ignored by the party. We have no space in the party," said
Samir Bhandari, a local TMC leader.
A rattled Chatterjee then pacified the protesters arguing
this was not the right forum to speak on the topic.
Some other party workers were also seen protesting
outside the venue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?