West Bengal: 20 CISF men injured by EFR jawans
Mednipur: Twenty CISF personnel were injured when they were attacked by EFR jawans after their protest against alleged misbehaviour with some village women
at the EFR headquarter at Salua in West Midnapore district, police said on Saturday.
The trouble started when Eastern Frontier Rifles (EFR) jawans allegedly passed lewd comments at some women visiting a `Shivaratri` fair organised inside the headquarter last night.
As the jawans of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), which also runs a camp within the headquarter campus, raised protest and tried to restrain the erring EFR jawans, they were attacked leaving 20 CISF personnel injured.
All the injured were admitted to the Kharagpur state general hospital, police said.
Senior officials of both the security groups held a meeting in the campus this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city