West Bengal: 20 CISF men injured by EFR jawans
Mednipur: Twenty CISF personnel were injured when they were attacked by EFR jawans after their protest against alleged misbehaviour with some village women
at the EFR headquarter at Salua in West Midnapore district, police said on Saturday.
The trouble started when Eastern Frontier Rifles (EFR) jawans allegedly passed lewd comments at some women visiting a `Shivaratri` fair organised inside the headquarter last night.
As the jawans of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), which also runs a camp within the headquarter campus, raised protest and tried to restrain the erring EFR jawans, they were attacked leaving 20 CISF personnel injured.
All the injured were admitted to the Kharagpur state general hospital, police said.
Senior officials of both the security groups held a meeting in the campus this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal