West Bengal: Six killed in lorry-SUV collision
Kolkata: Six persons were killed and three others injured in a head-on collision between an SUV and a lorry in north Kolkata early Saturday.
The accident occurred when the SUV carrying nine persons from Murshidabad district to Howrah railway station collided with the lorry at the MG Road-Rabindra Sarani crossing at about 3 am, police said.
When the victims were brought to the hospital, six persons, including the driver of the SUV, were declared brought dead, they said.
The lorry driver fled after the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation