West Bengal: Six killed in lorry-SUV collision
Kolkata: Six persons were killed and three others injured in a head-on collision between an SUV and a lorry in north Kolkata early Saturday.
The accident occurred when the SUV carrying nine persons from Murshidabad district to Howrah railway station collided with the lorry at the MG Road-Rabindra Sarani crossing at about 3 am, police said.
When the victims were brought to the hospital, six persons, including the driver of the SUV, were declared brought dead, they said.
The lorry driver fled after the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH