10 killed in Nigeria church, market attack: Police
Yola: Police say at least 10 people have been killed in an attack in northeast Nigeria that targeted a church and a local market.
The attack occurred yesterday in Njilan, a village in Adamawa state. Adamawa state police spokesman Muhammad Ibrahim said that six people had been killed in the market, while another four were killed around the church. Ibrahim could not immediately offer a motive for the attack, nor could he say whether police had any suspects in the violence.
Northeast Nigeria has faced increasingly bloody attacks by Islamic extremists since 2010. While the government has deployed more soldiers and police in the region, the attacks by the extremist network Boko Haram, splinter groups and others continue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan