10 things to know about the ill-fated Russian plane
The ill-fated plane was on its way to the Russian city of St Petersburg when it crashed in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula.
New Delhi: Here are the 10 things you should know about the ill-fated Russian plane that crashed in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula on Saturday.
1) The Russian Airbus A-321 jet with 224 passengers and crew on board crashed in Egypt's restive Sinai Peninsula.
2) The plane was travelling from the Egyptian resort of Sharm El-Sheikh to the Russian city of St Petersburg.
3) The ill-fated aircraft belonged to Kogalymavia, a small airline based in Western Siberia.
4) Egyptian rescue teams have located the crashed plane in southern Arish, Sinai
5) Plane completely destroyed
6) The crash site is close to the area where the Egyptian army is fighting militants loyal to Isil
7) The Egyptian PM has confirmed that the Russian plane has crashed in Sinai.
8) Egyptian air traffic control lost contact with the plane moments before the crash.
9) The Egyptian PM's office has said that a cabinet level crisis committee has been formed to deal with the crash.
10) Most of the passengers on board are Russians.