12 die in Brazil boat sinking
Rio De Janeiro: At least 12 people died, 50 injured and 20 went missing when their boat sank in the Ariri river in the heart of the Amazonian region early on Friday, official reports said.
Over 80 people were on board when the accident occurred at early morning at some 500 metres from Cachoeira do Arari port in Brazil`s northern state of Para, reported Xinhua citing fire brigade officials.
At least five of the victims were children, according to the fire brigade, that was taking part in the rescue works along with two patrol boats and two speedboats from Brazil`s Navy as well as several divers` teams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’