12 die in Brazil boat sinking
Rio De Janeiro: At least 12 people died, 50 injured and 20 went missing when their boat sank in the Ariri river in the heart of the Amazonian region early on Friday, official reports said.
Over 80 people were on board when the accident occurred at early morning at some 500 metres from Cachoeira do Arari port in Brazil`s northern state of Para, reported Xinhua citing fire brigade officials.
At least five of the victims were children, according to the fire brigade, that was taking part in the rescue works along with two patrol boats and two speedboats from Brazil`s Navy as well as several divers` teams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?