16 killed in Ecuador bus crash
Buenos Aires: At least 16 people were killed and 25 others injured when a passenger bus plunged into a river in Ecuador`s coastal province of Guayas.
Ecuadorian daily La-Hora said the accident occurred Saturday on the El Triunfo-Bucay highway.
The bus suddenly crashed into a side-rail of a bridge and then plunged into a river.
Passengers of the bus were mostly manufacturers and traders of jeans clothing from the province of Tungurahua and were en route to a handicrafts fair in the town of Guayaquil.
Authorities launched an investigation into the bus crash.
Witnesses said poor weather conditions and heavy rain could be blamed for the tragic accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company